Date: July 20, 2021
Time: 8:30 AM - noon
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (via Zoom)
The Violence and Harassment Prevention Regulation will come into effect on September 4, 2021.
The Government of Yukon has approved a new regulation aimed at preventing violence and harassment, two serious workplace hazards. The regulation will help to foster a positive culture in the workplace as well as physical and psychological safety for Yukon workers. Enhancements to the existing regulations about hazard assessment have also been approved, making them clearer and easier to understand.
Harassment and violence in the workplace have far-reaching effects on the health and well-being of workers as well as on their job stability and job satisfaction. Harassment and violence may also have an impact on the overall economy resulting from costs associated with absenteeism, lost productivity and job turnover.
Participants completing this 1/2 day training program will be able to:
1. Define harassment, violence, and discrimination
2. Discuss the effects of harassment and violence
3. Discuss and understand the workplace harassment and violence
prevention requirements under the new Yukon regulations.
4. Describe the requirements for a workplace violence hazard
assessment, policy statements, and procedures
5. Discuss the procedures for filing a complaint
6. Understand the role of YWCHSB, OH&S Safety Officers and the Yukon
Human Rights Commission
This program is suitable for not-for-profit managers, and Board Members.
The following is a link to more information, or to register:
Call Angela (867) 334 - 2241, if you have any questions or need any further information.