Whether you are a taxpayer, a business or a representative, you must have a trust account number before filing a trust income tax return electronically. That’s why the CRA is introducing a new digital service to make it easier to get this number.
You can now access the Trust Account Registration service through:
· My Account from the “Related Services” section;
· My Business Account from the “Open new account” menu to the left of the home page;
· Represent a Client from the left-hand side bar.
A trust account number will be given to you immediately after completing the online registration process. You can learn more about applying for a trust account number by visiting What you should know before you apply.
To receive updates on what is new at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you can:
· Like the CRA on Facebook
· Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
Follow the CRA on LinkedIn.
· Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
· Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
· Watch our tax-related videos on YouTube.